The mission of the Lake Walker Community Association is to unite neighbors for the betterment of the community through communication and involvement.
Joining the Lake Walker Community Association (LWCA) is a great way to help ensure that our neighborhood continues to be a wonderful place to live. Join today by paying your dues (which help cover costs for communications like this website and the newsletter, as well as community events like the Block Party). In exchange, you will receive a copy of the neighborhood directory.
The LWCA dues year runs from September 1-August 31, generally aligning with the Block Party (held annually on the first Saturday after Labor Day – most people pay dues there) and the annual October election of LWCA board officers. If you can’t attend the Block Party, you have other options:
- SEND A CHECK for $10 per household ($5 for seniors) to LWCA Treasurer, P.O. Box 11421, Baltimore, MD 21239-1391.
- PAY ONLINE
If you have a checking or savings account that offers Zelle, this job aid walks you through the steps listed below. You can also use this method to pay for Block Party raffle tickets or Garden Tour tickets. NOTE: Zelle must be associated with an account, NOT a debit card.
- Add “Laura Sawczuk, email@example.com” as a recipient .
- In the “Memo” field, include your name, address, email or phone number, and the purpose of your payment (i.e., dues, Block Party raffle tickets, etc.).
- PayPal. Choose the appropriate button below:
Other ways to become more involved:
- Attend quarterly General Meetings advertised in the newsletter, on the website, and on the email list (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added).
- Join a committee by contacting a committee chair or volunteering at a meeting.
- Think there’s something LWCA should be doing that we’re not? Talk to one of the current officers and start your own committee. Or just volunteer to do something you’re good at.
- Look for opportunities to attend or volunteer for neighborhood events in the newsletter/website, at the Block Party, and at the meetings.
We hope to hear from you soon!!