- This event has passed.
August 27, 2022 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The dumpster will be delivered near the corner of Hollen and Yorkshire.
The dumpster is typically delivered during the morning, but the city has the right to deliver it as late at 1 p.m. Neither the LWCA, nor the volunteers who monitor the dumpster, have control over the delivery time. We encourage Lake Walker residents to dump, within the guidelines below, whenever they can after delivery.
Individuals involved with coordination and supervision of the dumpsters are volunteers from the community–please treat them with respect! In order to continue this service, we MUST comply with the guidelines below.
We will also collect dues ($10/household, $5 for seniors) and canned goods for the C.A.R.E.S. food pantry at the dumpster location.
If you witness someone breaking the rules, please remind them of this!
Please do not overload dumpsters – do not fill beyond the top of the dumpster.
Please load from the back of the dumpster.
- Construction debris – except asbestos materials, treated rail road ties, creosote lumber, roofing shingles, etc. HOWEVER, construction companies should not be dumping their materials into our dumpster.
- Wood (non-treated lumber only)
- Household items such as furniture, glass, tile, etc.
- Compostable yard waste – Stay tuned to the form for information about leaf/yard waste collection
- Lawn Mowers
- Chemicals (lawn products, pesticides, etc.)
- Haz-Mat liquids (paints, paint thinner, etc.)
- Freon Devices (refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioning units)
- Gas or Propane tanks or bottles
- Engine parts with oil or gas still in them
- Municipal Solid Waste- trash you throw our everyday in the weekly trash pickup
Please contact any of the board members if you have any additional questions, or have questions about materials not on this list. Thank you!